Thursday 17 February 2011

Character Design

Below is a sketch of the character I am going to create. I have decided to go with a tribal man (name yet to be decided). One of the main reasons for this choice is the fact that he will not speak words, only grunts and groans. This means the animation can focus on the body language and facial expressions to communicate his emotions to the audience. This also means that the audience do not have to speak a particular language in order to understand the cartoon. This is important when Disney channels are available in 165 countries and in 33 languages. The other reason this idea was chosen was because it is something a bit different and I think could be interesting and comical.

The sketch makes my character look slightly evil / scary. This is due to my lack of drawing ability. He will be modelled to look friendlier, so he doesn't scare the intended audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment